Saturday, October 30, 2010

Monopoly Electronic Banking? Times have truly changed!

       



That is the new commercial for the "New Electronic Banking Monopoly." I find this very interesting because I am only 19 but the way things have changed is pretty scary. Instead of the old monopoly where you had to count out the money and use it to pay for properties and other things, you are now given cards that represent the money that you stick in to a tool that simulates a calculator and does all the counting for you.
     Monopoly is a game that a lot of parents use to help teach their children how to count and use money, and now that this electronic version has come out, the teaching factor becomes obsolete. On a better note though, this new version can make families actually want to play it more.
     I know one of the reasons I stopped playing the game long ago was the fact that it takes so long to win, and often money would be lost or my friends would cheat, but with this electronic version, those factors become cut. because the game is electronic, it takes less time to play, you do no have to worry about losing money or your friends cheating because the calculator does the counting for you. So there are both pluses and minuses to this new family game. I am interested in seeing how they will continue to change it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment