Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yes, I also report the news!

     While at Towson University I am apart of a few student groups. One of them is a news station called WMJF Channel 16 News. I am a news reporter and I am also a public relations rep for the news station. I have worked on three stories so far, and at the bottom of this post is the link to one of the stories I did. News reporting is a very different experience.
     You have to go out, and ask people questions and try to figure out what is going on and what people think about it. The first story I worked on was about the University going smoke free, which of course is something that upset a lot of people, but the story was fun to work on. I got a chance to talk to students, the vice president of the school, and some people at the health center that are in charge of cessation classes.
      The story below was about at event that was at school called "freedom festival," where basically students groups that represented any sort of political matter came out, tries to promote their groups and help get people registered to vote. The second link is to the stations first live broadcast. The first story I did about the school going smoke free is in that show. If you fast forward to about 8 minutes you will be able to see me.


Freedom square
First live show

No comments:

Post a Comment