In late August, President Obama made a statement that America would remove its focus from the war, and start to refocus on things going on at home. The President claimed that the war was over. Is that so? It could be, but isn't it funny how that statement was made around the time things were getting heated with the primary elections? I mean think about it. Politicians have to be some of the smartest P.R people around.
The elections that just past was one of high importance, and with the dark cloud of the war still hovering over congresses heads, things could have gone a lot different. Now I am not saying that the war is not over. I can not attest to that because I have not fought in the war, BUT politicians sure do know how to weigh things in their favor. They get on TV and tell us what we as people of this country, want to hear, and then we start to love them again.
Pretty cool tactic though. I mean we have no choice but to believe him, he is the president of our country right? Politicians know how to get what they want in to the media when it is best for them. President Obama should have said "Hey guys, our economy sucks, but at least we wont be spending American tax dollars on useless war expenses!" But instead he beat around the bush and said America has to focus more on things that are going on our grounds (meaning the economy crisis). But hey I don't blame em. Getting people to listen to you is very powerful indeed. Kudos Obama!
Obama declares an end to combat missions
No comments:
Post a Comment